Advances in sensor technology allow us to wear various sensors that detect bio-signals, such as body posture, body movement, heart rate and respiration rate. Compared with the many options of wearable sensors available, the options of display methods are limited. This paper proposes the Bio-Collar, which is a novel collar-shaped wearable bio-status display. The Bio-Collar indicates the wearer’s bio-status through its color and kinetic motion.
- Takuto Hayashi, Masaru Ohkubo, Sho Sakurai, Koichi Hirota, Takuya Nojima, “Towards Making Kinetic Garments Based on Conductive Fabric and Smart Hair”, Proceedings of UBICOMP/ISWC, 2019. (author version PDF)
- M. Ohkubo, M. Xue, M. Yamamura, J. Kanebako, L. Ishigami, S. Yamaguchi, T. Nojima, H. Uchiyama, N. Yamazaki, “Design Proposal of Space Clothes that Supports Lives in the Future Space Tourism Era”, Advances in Science and Technology, Vol. 100, pp. 59-63, 2017.(author version PDF)
- Masaru OHKUBO, Mage XUE, Miki YAMAMURA, Junichi KANEBAKO, Lisako ISHIGAMI, Syo YAMAGUCHI, Takuya NOJIMA, Hiroko UCHIYAMA and Naoko YAMAZAKI, “Design Proposal of Space Clothes that Supports Lives in the Future Space Tourism Era”, in CIMTEC 2016, L-4:L05, 2016.
- Takuya Nojima, Miki Yamamura, Junichi Kanebako, Lisako Ishigami, Hiroko Uchiyama, Naoko Yamazaki，” Fashion & Textile for Augmenting Human in Space“，Proceedings of the 30th International Symposium on Space Technology and Science, 2015. (author version PDF)
- Takuya Nojima, Miki Yamamura, Junichi Kanebako, Lisako Ishigami, Mage Xue, Hiroko Uchiyama, Naoko Yamazaki, “Bio-Collar: A wearable optic-kinetic display for awareness of bio-status”, Proceedings of the 6th Augmented Human, 2015.(PDF)
- Masaru Ohkubo, Miki Yamamura, Hiroko Uchiyama and Takuya Nojima, “Breathing Clothes: Artworks using the Hairlytop Interface”, Proceedings of Advances in Computer Entertainment Technologies,pp.187-188, 2014.(PDF)